Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Yesterday my husband and I took our boys to the library for a Dr. Seuss Birthday Party. The boys and I spend a fair amount of time at the library. We participate in craft time on Wednesday and story time on Friday. The birthday party was from 6-7 in the evening. On our way their I grabbed all my recycling to drop off at the center and asked my DH to stop there first. On the way there Grant said "Dad do you know how to get to the library?" I had to smile...how cute. My DH said "yeah buddy I do" to which Grant replied, "Well if you get lost I can show you how to turn." The recycling drop off got things all out of whack for Grant and he said to Evan, "I think daddy is lost." I was so lmao. The library had things set up really nice there were games, crafts, and snacks. There were a lot of people there too celebrating Dr. Seuss. As we walked out to the car Evan says, "Mom, I didn't see Dr. Seuss there." I tried to explain to him that libraries all over celebrate Dr. Seuss' Birthday because he wrote so many great books. To which Grant chimes in, "Dr. Seuss' books are scary." Then we went into a whole conversation about Spiderman and and superheroes and whether they were scary or not. The evening was so nice to get out as a family and do activities together. Thank you Libraries for all you do!

After the birthday party we headed to the store to pick up just a few things. Usually it is me alone with the boys at the store and almost always I battle with their behavior. So since it was man to man defense I was feeling pretty confident. My husband and I divided and conquered and when we met in one of the last aisles in the freezer section both boys started running towards each other and almost simultaneously slid on their knees. Oh My!!! So much for man to man :-()

I just dropped the boys off at preschool about an hour ago and I squatted down to give kisses and hugs. Evan was first and when he got done he said, "Mom wait for 'Rant." It's too sweet how protective he is of his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment