Monday, March 2, 2009

Telephone Mahem

Can somebody tell me why my kids go nuts when I'm trying to have a phone conversation? Today at lunch my Grandma called and the boys were have a carpet picnic in the living room. Why you ask? Well let's just say that Young and the Restless comes on at 12:30 and we were off to a late lunch. We use to have a tv in the kitchen by haven't for several months. Anyway I talked with her for about 20 minutes but the last 5-10 the boys were running around like wild men. And for some reason Grant kept trying to hit me and followed me around with a stadium seat spanking my bottom. Usually after we have lunch they wash their hands and go straight to bed but they had me cause I was on the phone. I need a trick to make them behave even though I can't have them screaming (this is what they do in timeout).

So at the end of my conversations I asked the boys if they wanted to talk to Memaw. She is watching the boys tomorrow for me when I work (usually my other grandma watches them but she has a lunch to host). When Memaw asked Grant if he wanted to come over tomorrow after school he said "are you babysitting me?" She said yes and he said, "We don't like babysitters." I grabbed that phone from him and had to explain. My other Grandma watches them usually every Tuesday after preschool. Some days they weren't being good for her. So I told them that some mom's don't stay home with their kids and they take them to a babysitter where there's lots of other kids and they have to stay there all day and not have their own toys. I also told them if they weren't good for B.B. that I was going to start taking them to a babysitter instead of having their grandmother watch them. So fast forward to this conversation and "We don't like babysitters." Ahh...the life of a mother!

So this morning Evan and I were playing Wii (he calls it Weed). The boy can bowl and it almost a pro...he didn't quite get there though. Mondays are laundry day for me and I have about 3 more loads to do...the Wii is in the basement with the washer and dryer so we just hang out down there so I can keep on top of it. Lately the boys new game is playing "dog" Evan is a dog named Rosie and Grant is his owner named Adam. I am still amazed that they can play this for hours on end. Adam puts Rosie in a man made out of our recycling cage. Rosie will for the most part stay there and behave but sometimes Rosie tells his owner what he wants to do. Adam feeds his dog, gives it a bone now and then, and takes him with him wherever he goes. This morning when I was getting dressed I heard this banging on our big picture window in the living room. When I inquired as to what was going on I had to laugh. It seems Rosie saw a squirrel climbing in a tree in our front yard and was trying to get it. I had to explain to Rosie that we like squirrels and we didn't want them to leave our yard. Rosie response was "ruff, ruff."

No comments:

Post a Comment